Nevada Medical Marijuana Cards
Nevada is a pretty unique state with a lot to offer. They were among the pioneers of legalizing medicinal marijuana almost two decades ago. Nowadays, they are among the top sellers of both medicinal and recreational cannabis. If you’re interested in obtaining a medical marijuana card in Nevada, here’s what you need to know.
Difference Between Medicinal and Recreational Marijuana
While they usually look the same, medicinal and recreational marijuana strains have a couple of things that set them apart, namely:
- Medical marijuana often contains a higher percentage of CBD
- Recreational marijuana often contains a higher THC percentage
- You cannot purchase medical marijuana without a valid card
- You need to be over 18 to purchase medicinal marijuana, while you have to be at least 21 to purchase recreational marijuana.
Is Medical Marijuana Legal in Nevada, US?
Medical marijuana has been legal in Nevada since the 2000s. However, when it comes to recreational use, it only became legal in 2017. Nevada also licenses cannabis growers, as well as distributors. But, citizens of Nevada can’t grow their own marijuana unless they’re located more than 25 miles from a licensed dispensary.
How Can You Get a Nevada Medical Cannabis Card?
If you’d like to buy medicinal marijuana in Nevada, you should have a valid medical marijuana card. There are three basic steps you have to complete before being eligible to receive a medical marijuana card Nevada:
- Request an application for the program
- Find a Nevada-based doctor of medicine or osteopathy
- Submit your application for approval
When it comes to eligibility, prospective users have to suffer from at least one of the following conditions:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Muscle spasms
- Chronic nausea
- Chronic and severe pain