BE A TRAILBLAZER in a new industry with a strong future
Shango is always looking to enhance our team with passionate, product knowledgeable individuals looking to work in the legal cannabis industry. Preferred candidates are team players with a respect for the company mission and an interest in our day-to-day responsibilities.
All persons applying MUST be 21+ years of age.
JOB OPENING: RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE BUDTENDER
Retail Sales Associates (RSAs) and Lead Retail Sale Associates (LRSAs) are responsible for sales transactions with registered medicinal marijuana patients, their registered caregivers, and retail consumers, ensuring scrupulous adherence to relevant statutes and regulations, and facility policies and procedures, governing the sale of marijuana products.
RSAs and LRSAs report to the Dispensary Manager (the “DM”).
- Conducting sales transactions with patients, caregivers and retail customers, accepting tendered cash, issuing receipts, and ensuring provision of mandatory patient information and product warnings, complying fully at all times with relevant California statutes and regulations and facility policies and procedures to ensure diversion prevention, supply of marijuana only to legally authorized buyers and adherence to quantity limits.
- Counseling patients, primary caregivers and recreational consumers regarding the use of cannabis and cannabis-infused products, including dosages, forms, effects, and side effects.
- Assisting the PCM in monitoring and verifying inventory.
- For LRSAs, managing the facility in the PCM’s absence.
- Accurately inputting all necessary data regarding transactions and inventory in the POS system.
- Rigorously upholding patient and caregiver confidentiality in all respects at all times.
- Always presenting a neat and clean appearance and pleasant, polite demeanor to provisioning clients.
- Assisting the PCM in maintaining a clean, welcoming, well-maintained provision center environment.
- Assisting new or less experienced personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Aggressively applying his or her talents, education and experience to ensure that every opportunity is taken to improve the customer service provided by the provisioning center.
Working Environment / Requirements
|Requirement||Estimated Time Spent|
|Use Hands to Finger, Handle, or Feel||70%|
|Reach with Hands and Arms||30%|
|Climb or Balance||15%|
|Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl||20%|
|Talk or Hear||90%|
|Taste or Smell||5%|
|Requirement||Estimated Time Spent|
|Up to 10 pounds||60%|
|10 – 25 pounds||25%|
|25 – 50 pounds||5%|
|50 – 100 pounds||<5%|
|100 pounds and over||<5%|
Potential Hazard Exposure
|Hazard||Estimated Time Spent|
|Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)||None|
|Work near moving mechanical parts||None|
|Work in high, precarious places||<5%|
|Fumes or airborne particles||5%|
|Toxic or caustic chemicals||None|
|Outdoor weather conditions||None|
|Extreme cold (non-weather)||None|
|Extreme heat (non-weather)||None|
|Risk of electrical shock||5%|
|Work with explosives||None|
|Risk of radiation||None|
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- At least two years’ experience as a retail sales associate.
- Ability to project a professional image in the community as a representative of the facility.
- Good computer skills, ideally with experience in utilizing inventory management software.
- Ability and willingness to learn and work within a team environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain registration with the State of California as a marijuana establishment agent.