BE A TRAILBLAZER in a new industry with a strong future
Shango is always looking to enhance our team with passionate, product knowledgeable individuals looking to work in the legal cannabis industry. Preferred candidates are team players with a respect for the company mission and an interest in our day-to-day responsibilities.
JOB OPENING: SALES ASSOCIATE
Looking for talented, dependable, and team-oriented individuals to fulfill a sales associate position at an established Portland dispensary to help our business grow and keep our customers happy. We are looking for OLCC licensed employees who can assist in our duties of completing daily inventory, handling cash transactions effectively, increasing sales through upselling our premium products, keeping our social media platforms up to date, keeping our store in compliance and looking beautiful. We hope to find passionate cannabis enthusiasts who value providing excellent customer service, legitimizing the industry through customer interactions, and sharing their acquired knowledge with others. If this sounds like you then we are excited to meet you and hopefully bring you on board our cohesive team!
JOB OPENING: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
The Candidate must have a superb work ethic, strong communication skills, and a thorough understanding of Human Resource functions. The candidate must be able to create job postings, manage personnel, conduct training, carryout corrective actions, and document and perform dispute resolution. Age 21+
- Coordinates with employees and management to direct policies, laws, procedures and regulations, and enact them. Keeps management informed of coming changes to policies, laws and procedures, ensuring the company remains compliant in employment matters.
- Addresses employee concerns, issues and complaints using sound judgment. Ensures consistent application of workplace policy.
- In coordination with department managers, analyzes the hiring needs of the company. Hires new employees within the parameters set by the Management, Admin and Executive staff. Tactfully creates job postings, conducts telephonic interviews, and arrange for in-person interviews. Coordinates and schedule in-person interviews with department heads and candidates. Conducts reference checks, and employment verification for new hires and documents them.
- Completes employment packages and on-boarding for new hires. Introduces them to new departments for training. Arranges uniforms and PPE for new hires and inter-department transferred employees in coordination with department managers.
- Manages PTO, FMLA, STD and LTD, doctors’ notes and any other applicable documentation to ensure employee time off requests are correct and accurate.
- Maintain accurate employee personnel files, with all required items sorted and accounted for.
- Maintains Employee Handbook. In coordination with Executive Management, introduce new documentation and policies to ensure the company and its staff are sufficiently and adequately protected from potential violations to laws, policies and regulations.
- Ensures thorough documentation of all employee related matters. Provides accurate accounts of terminations, layoffs, reduction in force, dispute resolutions, resignations and all other employee departures.
- Represents the company in any employment matters, including the Oregon Employment Department, Bureau of Labor and Industries, and any other local, state and national regulatory body. Expeditiously addresses requests for information by regulatory bodies in coordination with Executive Management. Represents the company at unemployment hearings when required.
- Maintains employee benefit programs, and modifies them as required by the company’s needs in coordination with Executive Management.
- Coordinates with management in enforcing policies and SOP’s. Is present as a witness for corrective actions, when applicable. Documents corrective actions and employee issues.
- In conjunction with Department Heads and Executive Management, schedules, coordinates and oversees performance reviews.
- Creates, implements and manages employee appreciation functions.
- Any additional duties as required by Executive Management.